SEAT SCRAPPAGE INCENTIVE SCHEME
Sep 1, 2017
- Encourages scrappage of older diesel vehicles against purchase of latest, hi-tech Euro 6 models
- Incentives of up to £3,500, according to model, apply to new petrol and diesel models
- Vehicles traded in will be scrapped rather than sold on
- Offers available to owners of any diesel vehicle registered before 2010 (pre Euro 5)
SEAT UK is encouraging the uptake of latest generation, lower-emission new cars, in tandem with the removal of older, Euro 1-4 emissions standards vehicles from the UK car parc, by today launching an attractive scrappage scheme.
Owners of any diesel vehicle that complies with pre-Euro 5 emissions legislation qualify for the SEAT scrappage incentive. They are able to trade-in the vehicle to benefit from incentives – ranging from £1,500 to £3,500 – against several new SEAT models (see table below) if the vehicle is ordered by 31 December 2017. The trade-in vehicle needs to have been owned by the customer for at least six months.
All new SEAT petrol and diesel cars meet the latest Euro 6 emissions standards, currently the most stringent yet.
For more details on the SEAT scrappage incentive, please visit www.seat.co.uk.
Summary of offers on Euro 6 petrol and diesel models:
Scrappage Amount (inc. VAT)
Euro emissions standards
The ‘Euro 1‘ standard was introduced in 1992 to help reduce vehicle emissions. Progressively more stringent Euro standards have been implemented since then, helping to lower emissions still further. ‘Euro 6‘, the standard that all new petrol and diesel cars must meet, is currently the toughest yet.
To discover whether a diesel vehicle will qualify for the SEAT scrappage incentive offer, customers can visit the Vehicle Certification Agency website or ask their nearest SEAT dealer.
Full offer details
- Incentive applies only to any diesel vehicle (any make/model) that meets Euro 1-4 legislation, registered before 1 January 2010
- Traded-in vehicle needs to have been registered in the owner’s name for at least six months
- Trade-in vehicle must be scrapped
- Applies to orders between 1 September and 31 December 2017, to be registered by 31 March 2018
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other, existing offers across the SEAT range
- For full details, visit www.seat.co.uk
SEAT is the only company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets cars in Spain. A member of the Volkswagen Group, the multinational has its headquarters in Martorell (Barcelona), exporting 81% of its vehicles, and is present in over 80 countries through a network of 1,700 dealerships. In 2016, SEAT obtained an operating profit of 143 million euros, the highest in the history of the brand, and achieved worldwide sales of nearly 410,000 vehicles.
SEAT Group employs more than 14,500 professionals at its three production centres – Barcelona, El Prat de Llobregat and Martorell, where it manufactures the highly successful Ibiza and Leon. Additionally, the company produces the Ateca and the Toledo in the Czech Republic, the Alhambra in Portugal and the Mii in Slovakia.
The multinational has a Technical Centre, which operates as a knowledge hub that brings together 1,000 engineers who are focussed on developing innovation for Spain’s largest industrial investor in R&D. SEAT already features the latest connectivity technology in its vehicle range and is currently engaged in the company’s global digitalisation process to promote the mobility of the future.
For more information, please contacts
Andy McGregor, Head of Marketing & Press and Public Relations
01908 548 077; 07956 042 400; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Gale, Product Affairs Manager
01908 548 069; 07788 339 722; email@example.com
Holly Williams, Media Relations Manager
01908 548 078; 07738 897 319; firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Mardle, Press Fleet Manager
01908 548 364; 07983 537 247; email@example.com